FAQ Q134: What are additional products?
Additional products are either extra charges always added to the bill (such as visitor's taxes or final cleaning) or one-time optional products or services (such as airport pick-up, water skis for motorboat rentals, etc.), or recurring products (such as breakfast). You can specify the products, pricing and other options in the settings tab. It's up to you to decide whether the products are selected by default and whether only the administrators can add/remove them to reservations. If you allow customers to book additional products, you can also specify till when they can add or remove them. By default the users can pick additional products only at the time of reservation.
Here are some of the settings of an additional product:
- Product recurrence - set this only if usage of the additional product should be manually chosen for each day of the stay by the customer (e.g. I want breakfast on Monday and Wednesday but not on Tuesday)
- This product can be reserved by the customer - if you unselect this, the product will become hidden. This means only the admins will be able to add such product (if Product should be selected by default is not selected), or that the customer will NOT be able to remove the product (if Product should be selected by default is selected) -- in this case the product will always be added (useful for obligatory products).
- Product should be selected by default - determines the default selection
- Product is available for each person - select this if products are for personal usage. This way if there are 5 persons in a reservation, selecting the product will select it for all 5 persons. If this is not selected, this means the product is used by the entire party (per reservation and not per person)
- Max. quantity is 1 - select this if the customer should select the product by clicking on a checkbox (product chosen or not). Otherwise, the customer will see a dropdown where they can choose the exact quantity of this product.
- Min. time between reservation and rental - if your product requires preparation time, you may want to select until when the reservation of the product can be made
- Priority group - by setting the priority, you can determine the ordering of the products (first the priority group 1 will be listed, then products from the group 2, and so on..)
- Ask customer for extra information regarding this item - if you select this, next to each product the customer will see a text box where they can specify their preferences and comments
- Apartments this product can be reserved for - by default the products are available for all your resources. However, here you can determine resources with which given product is not compatible.
Please note that additional products are always selected on the second reservation page (after entering the dates/personal details etc.). If you want to allow the customer to select products on the single reservation screen (with the dates/personal details etc.) you can add these products in form of reservation form items and then add rules to the pricing manager to change the final price based on the selected products (more about the difference between additional products and reservation form items can be found in this FAQ question
Another type of additional products are custom products which you can add as the administrator to existing reservations on the reservation details page. Custom products' price and product description are not fixed, they are entered individually each time you want to add an item to the customer's invoice. They are useful to keep track of additional services or products the customer purchased during their stay/rental.